Sunday, January 17, 2016

Patience

Patience is so difficult.

We want what we want, and we want it NOW.

I want change in my life.  I want days without self-doubt, without craving, and insecurities.

I have wanted these elements of emotional peace for years.

Yet, decades later I am still learning to be patient with myself and others.

Patient in my walk of self-compassion.

If we choose to live an awakened life, we learn that we don't awaken one day, and remain there forever more.

No, we awaken on a daily basis, over and over.

It can feel overwhelming.  We want to get there.

However, the only place we reach, is place of peaceful acceptance of the fact that life is about not arriving but practicing - and that takes LOTS of patience.

Always remember, we get better at that which we practice - practice patience.