Saturday, January 30, 2016

Change

We all have things in our life we wish to change.

We certainly wish other people would change.  We most likely have parts of ourselves we wish were healthier.  There may be thoughts, habits, fears and/or physical situations we wish were different.

Yet, if you have ever embarked on a real journey of change, you know just how steep the new learning curve can be.

Change is very hard.  A commitment to change is a lifelong process of persistence.

Several years ago, I made a commitment to no longer engage in yelling.  I made a vow to find positive ways to connect with my kids and husband instead of through strife.  My intention was extremely clear.

However, I could not "just do it."  It took many months for real change to take place (and I still work on it today).   It has been a lonely and incredibly rewarding journey on a path of newness.

There remain many habits I wish to mature.  I must continually remind myself that the process of "growing up" takes daily vigilance.

The resulting wisdom and peace is an immeasurable reward from the efforts made towards change.