Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Caged


I woke up feeling trapped by the overwhelming fears of those around me.

I was consumed with rage for feeling wrongly imprisoned.

I was furious because I believed I had to stay in the prison of fear.

Then I woke up again.

I realized I have the key to let myself out of the cage.  I can untangle myself from their fears.  I no longer have to join them.

It has been my survival defense to join those around me in their fear.   I have not had the tools to walk a different path.  I developed the pattern of becoming what others were feeling.  It is a habit that no longer works for me.

I am learning how to walk my own path - right out of that cage.  I am learning to take personal responsibility for me and me alone.  Other's feelings are their obstacles on their path to freedom.  I no longer have to move their boulders and stay in the stinking cage with them.

The cage of old conditioning has an unlocked door.  I can choose to walk out of the suffocating prison of old beliefs.

I have the power to unchain myself.